On this episode of WordPress for Nonprofits, I outline who I am and what you should expect from the podcast.
A bit about me
Serving nonprofits is my calling. I worked in the nonprofit world for over a decade. In June 2016, I took a leap of faith by quitting my job and starting my own WordPress consulting practice serving nonprofits.
What you should expect from the podcast
Your website helps you meet your mission, and I talk about how you can do that using the power of WordPress. There are times where the podcast is very WordPress-focused, but I also want to make sure I’m focusing on nonprofit needs regardless of website platform. These needs include telling stories, raising money, and recruiting volunteers, all which can be done through your website.
- Solid software that doesn’t cost a fortune
- Large and generous community of users, trainers, designers, and developers among others
- Large library of plugins that can give you any feature you need
This is an interview show with the potential for the occasional solo show. I interview a mix of nonprofit employees and vendors and consultants who serve nonprofits.
My guests talk about things like:
- Why WordPress?
- Content management workflow
- WordPress themes and plugins
- Third-party software integrations with WordPress
- Tips, techniques, and resources for a better WordPress website
- How WordPress and your website can help you meet your mission
Nonprofits, of course! I’m partial to cause-based 501(c)3’s, but I will also try to include information for other types of nonprofits, including 501(c)6 membership associations, hospitals, and schools.
Thanks for reading/listening! Questions, comments, or feedback? Please don’t hesitate to reach out.